Monday, October 19, 2009

Texas Caviar

This is a great, easy recipe that you can throw together in no time! I first had it from my friend Kacie, and I just made a couple adjustments and came up with the following recipe.All you do is mix all the ingredients below into a bowl and you're done. It's that easy!

2 (15.8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained

1 can sweet corn, drained
2-3 fresh jalapenos, minced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

After everything is together, I add a bit more seasoning to taste. Whatever you like; I throw in some more salt and cilantro. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment