Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oreo Pops

I wanted to make cake pops for Danny's birthday party, but to be honest with you, everytime I've had cakepops (a whopping two times I think), I didn't really care for them. They're way too sweet and rich for me. I think the basic cake pop recipe is one baked cake mix, crumbled and mixed with one tub of frosting. Maybe it's the store bought icing that ruins them for me, I don't know....that stuff is just too sweet for my blood! Who would've thought I, of all people, would be saying something is too sweet?!? Anyways, I still envisioned a cute display of cake pops on the food table for the party, so I decided to give it a try with oreos. Who doesn't LOVE oreos? This is a easy peasy recipe. One package Oreos, to one package (8 oz) cream cheese. Start off by blending up the oreos in a food processor.
Once they're all good and processed down to crumbs, add in the cream cheese and blend. It will be a dough-like consisteny. Go ahead and taste it...mmmm....

With your hands, roll into tablespoon size balls.

Stick a cake pop or cookie stick (you can purchase these in the baking section of craft stores, or even Wal-Mart) into each ball and dip into melted white almond bark.

I had a styrofoam ball in a metal bucket to display these, so we went ahead and stuck them right in the styrofoam after dipping in the melted almond bark. And by we, I mean my wonderful sister. She was in charge of the dipping of the oreos :)

We had some leftover red buttercream frosting from decorating the cake, so we used this on the oreo pops to make them look like baseballs. Let me tell ya, these babies are addicting! You can't eat just one!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love it! You put out a great party table for your hubby's birthday. :)

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays!

    ReplyDelete