Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cake Batter Ice Cream

This is my favorite homemade ice cream. If you like cake batter, you'll love this!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 egg yolks, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 3/4 cup white cake mix

I double the above ingredients if I'm making this for more than just Danny and I. Just a thought.


First, whisk together milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, cream, and cake mix in a saucepan until well blended. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), stirring frequently. I'm not patient enough to use a candy thermometer, so I usually just cook it for several minutes and guesstimate it...

Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator or freezer until liquid is cold.
Now, pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions.

Serve and enjoy!

1 comment: