Sunday, July 11, 2010

Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie

My mom used to make this all the time when we were kids. I had forgot about it, until the other day when I was trying to think of a good, fast dessert to make, and frozen pink lemonade pie was exactly what I was needing!

First, make a basic graham cracker crums pie crust. I just buy the box of the graham cracker crumbs and follow the instructions. You pretty much just add melted butter and a little bit of sugar.
Time to make the filling. Simply mix 1 (8oz) container of cool whip, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 6oz of frozen pink lemonade concentrate. This is half a regular size can of pink lemonade...some grocery stores have the mini cans which are exactly 6oz. While you're mixing, add a couple drops of red food coloring to make it look pink. I also added the juice of 1 lime. Now, this is not in my mom's original recipe, but I happened to have a lime on hand and thought I'd give it a try. It added just the perfect tartness!
Once you're all mixed up, simply pour on top of your graham cracker crust and freeze for a couple hours before serving.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment