Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Roasted Broccoli

Ok, this dish is an absolute staple in our house. I make it pretty much every single night. No joke. Danny would never go near broccoli until I started cooking it like this. Now, he can't get enough of it!! I even asked my mom the other day if roasting broccoli somehow takes all the nutritioal value out of it, because it taste just too darn good!! She said no, so we're good to go!

Here's all you do:
Cut 1 crown of fresh broccoli. 1 head is the perfect amount for two people.

Throw it on a cookie sheet, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper over it all, toss it up, and bake at 400 or 425 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. The baking time is up to you depending on how done you like it. I never set the timer, I just check on it every few minutes.
It's also great to sprinkle lemon zest over it before baking if you happen to have lemmons on hand...

I actually cook it a little longer than this picture shows. I like it when it gets some of that good crispy black stuff on the ends. mmmmm....

And the great thing about buying fresh broccoli crowns, is they last a while in the fridge! I buy a couple produce bags full every time I go grocery shopping.

Now go try your broccoli like this, you'll be in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment